A shopping backpack is an ideal way to conveniently transport your purchases from the supermarket home.
In this article you will find out what you should pay attention to when buying such a backpack.
Right at the beginning a small recommendation. I particularly like the baqpaq shopping backpack, which you can find here on Amazon* . This backpack has all the features that are important for shopping.
It’s waterproof, wipes clean easily, and has a padded back and shoulder straps. The capacity is 40 liters and is therefore very generous.
In addition, it can be opened completely and can therefore be loaded quickly and easily. This is important when shopping.
As a practical bonus feature, the baqpaq shopping backpack also fits in the most common child bike seats. This opens up further transport options by bicycle.
- THE PRODUCT: The baqpaq backpack in white/black is suitable for families and stylish at the same time. It is suitable for a bike ride with the family or shopping at the supermarket. Thanks to the back padding and padded shoulder straps, the bike backpack can be carried comfortably.
- PROPERTIES: The bicycle backpack can be attached to the child seat with a safety belt and can be opened almost all around with a zipper.
- MATERIAL SPECS: The PVC material, which is similar to truck tarpaulins, is very robust, waterproof and easy to clean. The everyday backpack is also perfect as a gift for parents, fathers and mothers.
- PRODUCT SIZE: The multifunctional backpack makes full use of the space in the child seat and has a size of H: 60 x W: 30 x D: 30 cm.
- CAPACITY: With the large capacity of 40L. The maximum load is 20 kg – the total weight must not exceed the maximum weight specified for the child seat.
More shopping backpacks
If you mainly want to transport frozen food, fresh meat or other sensitive groceries, then an insulated cooler backpack is ideal for shopping.
- The contents of the bag stay warm or cold and the bag is leak-proof: the PEVA inserts on all sides keep the backpack cold or hot for hours, depending on the contents. High-quality, waterproof zips ensure dirt-repellent outer equipment. The high-density insulation material and leak-proof PEVA liner prevent leaks in the worst case. Your snacks or your drinks will be kept cool for 16 hours at temperatures below 15ºC.
- Large capacity: 32 liters; Dimensions: 13.0″ x 7.5″ x17.7″ / 33cm x 20cm x 45cm (L x W x H); Weight: 800 grams. Spacious enough to safely store meals, beer, snacks, drinks, towels, cell phone and similar everyday items. Easy to clean both inside and out. Long-lasting cooler bag for beach picnics, family vacations, camping, walking, hiking or similar activities.
- Multifunctional Pockets: Multiple pockets to store all packable items in the dedicated pockets. Pockets in enumerated form: A spacious storage compartment, two side mesh pockets, two large zipped pockets on the front, a zipped pocket on the lid, a mesh pocket and a beer opener on the strap.
- Durable and Comfortable to Carry: Padded and fully adjustable shoulder straps provide maximum comfort and support. The backpack coolers are made of durable nylon that won’t tear or scratch but is easy to carry. The backpack with a padded back and breathable material on the shoulder straps ensures more comfort.
- Suitable for women, men and the whole family: fashion look, functional compartments; this stylish backpack can be not only a cool bag or isolation bag, but also a backpack for work, school, travel or something like that. Email us if you have any questions about this and we understand it may take up to 24 hours to respond.
- Dimensions: The maximum capacity is 26L and the overall dimensions are 12.6 x 9.8 x 15.7 inch / 32 x 25 x 40 cm ( L x W x H )
- Premium Materials: The exterior is made of high-density waterproof oxford fabric, which is durable, waterproof and easy to clean. The inner lining consists of PEVA foil and is padded with 8 mm EPE foam.
- Dense bottom: Different from traditional sewing construction, Lifewit uses hot press technology to seamlessly bond the aluminum foil together and ensure excellent tightness.
- Portability: Comfortable to carry thanks to padded shoulder straps and handle. Practical for shopping, on trips, camping and much more
- Practical Details: Multiple pockets inside and outside for different storage needs. This cooler bag is also equipped with a bottle opener.
What is a shopping backpack?
A shopping backpack is a backpack that is primarily used for shopping. You can store your purchased groceries there and transport them home on your back.
For whom is a shopping backpack suitable?
If you regularly go shopping on foot or by bike, then a shopping backpack is suitable for you. Because you can easily transport your purchases on your back and have both hands free.
But can you even go to the store with it? Here you can find out whether you can go to the supermarket with a backpack .
Advantages and disadvantages
A shopping backpack has the following advantages and disadvantages:
- Purchases can be transported on the back
- Both hands free
- Large storage space
- Also ideal for cycling
- Sturdy and durable
- Sensitive foods such as yoghurts should be placed carefully
What should you pay attention to when buying?
If you want to buy a shopping backpack, you should pay attention to a few important features.
From my point of view, the following points are important:
When shopping, unfortunately, it happens again and again that something breaks during transport. Yoghurt, for example, is particularly prone to spilling, since the thin lids are not particularly stable.
It is therefore necessary that the inner material of a shopping backpack can be easily wiped off and does not absorb any odours. Instead of fabric, the inner lining should therefore be made of materials such as PVC or other plastics.
Of course, the outer material should also be robust and easy to clean. Ideally, the backpack is even completely waterproof, so that the groceries stay dry on the way home, even in heavy rain.
You need space for your purchases. Therefore, a shopping backpack should be as large as possible or have a sufficient volume.
How big the backpack should be depends on your needs, of course. If you only shop for yourself, then you need less volume than if you go shopping for several people.
It is also important that the backpack is of a size that you can comfortably carry on your back. Your height also plays a role here.
design and construction
Since a backpack full of purchases can be very heavy, the backpack should have good back padding and padded shoulder straps. With such features, even a heavy backpack can still be carried comfortably on the back.
It is also important that the backpack has an above-average opening so that groceries can be stowed away quickly and easily in the supermarket. Backpacks with small openings should be avoided.
In addition to the shoulder straps already mentioned, there should also be a sturdy and preferably padded carrying handle so that the backpack can also be carried comfortably by its handle if necessary.
In addition to the large inner pocket for groceries, a shopping backpack should have other pockets and compartments so that smaller items such as keys, cell phones or wallets can also be stowed in them.
Some backpacks have a separate cooling compartment in which meat, fish and frozen products can be stored. This can be particularly useful in the summer when the way home is a little further.
But there are also shopping backpacks that function as a cooler bag and are insulated accordingly. Such cooling backpacks are not only practical for shopping, but can also be very interesting for excursions, swimming pool visits or picnics in summer.